Unity Longmont Spiritual Center hosts and supports a variety of community events in Longmont. Here you can learn more about the events that we are committed to sharing with the greater Longmont community.
- The Heretic documentary about Rob Bell was so satisfying that we will be showing it again.
- Friday, July 13
suggested love offering: $10
Serving popcorn and tea.
- Rob Bell is the author of 10 books, including the New York Times best sellers What We Talk About When we Talk About God, Love Wins, and What is the Bible?. He's been profiled in The New Yorker, toured with Oprah, and in 2011 Time Magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Andrew Morgan is an internationally recognized filmmaker, focused on telling stories for a better tomorrow. His experience includes a broad range of work that spans narrative and documentary storytelling for multiple film and new media projects that have been released all over the world.
Together, Rob Bell and Andrew Morgan have created a new film called The Heretic. The film follows Rob over several years as he challenges deeply held conservative ideas while grappling with some of the most important questions of our time.
Limited space. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday Community Art Meditation
- Join us Fridays from 11:15 to 12:15 noon to play with color and shape in silence. Materials provided. At The Meditation Place. Drop in. Donations go to The Meditation Place.
Unity Longmont Spiritual Center
What's Happening in Our Community
The Unity Longmont Community is active and connected to each other outside of our weekly Sunday meetings.
Learn more about the community opportunities and events that Unity Longmont hosts and supports.
- Mondays: 11 am, noon, 6 pm
The Unplugged Mind: "Exploring the Practical Applications of the Teachings of Enlightened Masters"
Taught by Bobbie Wilson at 736 Kimbark St, Longmont
- First and Third Thursdays: 1-2 pm
Piece/Peace Work: Bring your knitting, crocheting, sewing, mending, quilting or ironing.
Laugh and stitch together.
Work space offered by Judy Long. Contact her at 303-931-6782 to find out location.
- Third Sunday of the Month: 4-6 pm
Longmont Dances of Universal Peace
Facilitated by Jen Friedman and Britt Ripley at The Meditation Place.
To learn more, contact Jen at 303-746-5191 or email@example.com.
- Tuesdays for 6 Weeks Beginning 4/7/15: 10-11:30 am
- Saturdays for 6 Weeks Beginning 4/18/15: 10:30 am-noon
Reach Your Potential: Spiritual Women's Support Group
Facilitated by dava money, M.Ed.
The focus of this group is to experience how to practically integrate our own spirituality in our lives breath by breath.
This is a 6 week commitment. The cost is $120 for the entire 6 weeks, with an early bird special of $110 for Saturday's groups if paid by 4/13/15.
10% goes directly to Unity Longmont Spiritual Center.
What is spiritual? Everything.
What is potential? That which the Beloved Presence intends and invites us to attend.
What is support? You will need to participate in defining that since each person is unique. We will work on dropping our judgments of self and other. We will learn to live in the moment without a need for our "stories." It may also include a willingness to encourage someone else in their struggles and a willingness to celebrate their successes. It will require you to show up in life and in the lives of others. Willingness to impact and to be impacted; to live.
Are you willing to be present to both the pain and thrill of life? It is your life. Are you willing to witness others where they are? Are you willing to create change at a molecular level with your beliefs and life force? Are you willing to be witnessed in your vulnerability, and while you develop strength, to be cheered on, to be baptized in love and acceptance?
We will utilize the research of Brene Brown in our goal setting. We will use loving-kindness as a means of encountering our own judgment, being tender with it, renewing our perception and cultivating a willingness to show up doing our best.
This group is limited to 8 women and is held in a private home in Longmont, CO. A short phone screening with dava needs to be completed by 3/31/15. Contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-438-8777.
- Other groups offered by dava:
Intro to Mindfulness
Contact her for more information
Unity Longmont is also a founding member of Practices for Inner Peace, a group of Longmont-based contemplative community organizations.
Learn more here about PIP sponsored events.